Friday, March 29, 2013

"You look like Ms Jesus"


I had a dream recently where there were billowing clouds around the form of Jesus who was reaching his hand down to me.  I was looking up towards Him with my arm stretched as far as it would go, reaching for His hand.  I guess you would call it a vision, rather than a dream.  I was asleep, nevertheless, so I’m calling it a dream, and it was vivid to me.  Usually I don’t remember dreams but I remember this one.  I told it to my husband the next day.  I told it to my daughter the next time I saw her.  The very first thing out of her mouth was, “Did He look like Charly?”  We just fell out in the floor laughing!

Now, please don’t get me wrong.  I believe with all my heart that I am going to Heaven when I die and I would never make a joke about my Christianity so I’m going to have to do a little explaining about this bout of hilarity between us two idiots.  Those who know me, know I have a streak of humor in me that sometimes only I can see.  Well, maybe a few other quirky folks might, but not always.  Some say it is the “curious side” of the Scott’s.  That’s my Momma’s side.

Now Momma was a piece of work.  She was one of a kind.  There has never been a more talented person on this earth than my Momma.  She had the gift of music that only comes from God.  She never had one moment of formal instruction on the keyboard, but could hear a song one time and play it instantly on the piano.  She loved her music!  That being said, she loved her children!  I was the first child.  Fifteen years later, came a beautiful baby boy.  Now let me tell you, this child could do no wrong.    Mother and Daddy thought the sun rose and set in this boy.  I loved him to pieces too.  I still do, by the way.   I wanted my first child to look like him.  (My first child looked totally unlike him but was just as good looking.)

I always felt a little bit jealous because of the fuss she made over Charly.  It was Charly this, and Charly that.  I just tried to smile and agree.  After all, I was a big girl when he was born and shouldn’t have those feelings.  He was just a boy!  But, still…… Well, wouldn’t you know, one day, I’m taking Momma on a road trip to see Charly.  She’s jabbering away about Charly.  This was back in the days when long hair on boys was popular and Charly was right in style.  His locks were down his back.  All of sudden Momma turns to me and says, “You know, Charly looks like Jesus!”  I almost wrecked the car and glared at her like she had lost her marbles for sure!  She realized what she had said and to whom she had said it, and without skipping a beat she said, “Well, YOU look like “Ms. Jesus!”  I just bent double with laughter!   

This story has become a family legend.  So now you know why my daughter’s curiosity got the best of her.  

No comments:

Post a Comment