Sunday, March 24, 2013

How amazing it is to see the days and weeks turn into months and years!   I remember how important it used to be to have the current styles in home decor and the latest name brand attire I could afford.   God forbid, I should get caught outside without my full makeup and hair perfectly coiffed and sprayed rigid with Aqua Net.
    
Whoa! Now I'm looking at well worn,  but perfectly good furniture.   I'm thinking it gets prettier every day as I browse furniture prices!   I have decided that the garment industry has changed the sizing on all clothing,  which looks like it belongs on someone from some foreign planet anyway, particularly the shoes.  I can't imagine how anyone could possibly get their feet into those weird looking things,  much less walk in them!

I'm glad I'm where I am in life today.  It gives me a certain right of passage.  I can claim I didn't hear or understand something,  I don't like or want to hear.  I can say my eyesight isn't what it used to be,  when I don't like what I see, or I don't want to read something somebody gives me.  Sometimes, I might even use my age to gain attention from my children.  That doesn't work too often, however.  

Mostly, I'm just glad to have been given the opportunity to live a life full of the love of family and friends.  

No comments:

Post a Comment